Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Window into Me

This is my window into me ...

I come here to look past the present and into see me. To see the things I think I see. It is here that I can look into my past ... It is from here that I can look into my future ... and most importantly I can look into my dreams ...

This window into me is a facinating thing to have ...

I suspect everyone has one but they just have no idea where to look or what to do with it when they find it ...


I discovered this place from a dream.

So I can just sit here and reflect ... I can reflect on reflections ... this window somedays seems to want to defy me somedays and stay closed but I have found that if I just leave go of my ego's desires then it always opens and I can see ...

I write novels now as a pass time ... I have no idea where they are going to go until I sit down to write ... then it takes a few moments and if I just relax and get past the need to know and begin to softly stroke the keys ... the story comes ... It is like going to the movies ... I learned that from Michael Enright (CBC) when he interviewed JK Rowlings ... she was struggling with resolving what several of her characters were going to do next in Harry Potter and then I heard her reveal that she was hearing the story (sometimes) for the first time when she sat down at the keyboard to write ... I tried it and over that Xmas break I wrote 158 pages of the First Novel. It was raw but it got me passed page 3 ... which was something I could never do before ... I mean the story would just fold in on itself and quit ... once I realized I was going to the movies ... so to speak and I did not have plan what was going to happen before I sat down ... out it came ... 

It is now complete ... and in final editing ... 989 pages ... space and a half  ...  Font 12 ... 257,000 words and a whale of a story. When proper spaced it should break down to 600 or so pages single spaced and a reduced font size and page size ...

So as I sit here and type this I can feel the window opening and I can feel the story coming on ...

Just so you know, I have started the second book and am 147 pages into it ... another spy vs spy novel ... It picks up where the other left off and things continued ... as they did back in those days ...

Maybe I will discuss them here as I do this blog thing ...

There are a lot of fond memories as I reflect on this ...

I'm going to move to a different place and begin to tell my story ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages